What Do I Need to Do First if I Get Hacked?
Most of us use Facebook to share pictures, connect with family and friends, receive business recommendations and even keep up with current events. Facebook is your place to get away– watch viral videos and share adorable pictures of your kiddos. What if you woke up one morning, grabbed your iPhone to scroll through your Facebook feed and realize you’ve been HACKED?!
According to the New York Times, 160,000 Facebook accounts were compromised per day in 2015! It’s not only an invasion of privacy, it can be a headache to get back in your account, especially if the hacker has changed YOUR password. Here’s how you can protect your Facebook account from being hacked.
How to protect your Facebook account from being hacked:
1) Enable two-factor authentications on all social media channels.
2) If you enable Two-Factor Authentication, and a hacker attempts to reset your password, you’ll receive notifications like this….
3) Enable Login Alerts
4) Never give account or page credentials to anyone who emails or direct messages you, especially if they claim to be customer support from the network itself.
5) Never click too-good-to-be-true offers or suspicious news articles.
6) Never download any unsolicited apps, especially ones that have permissions to post on your behalf.
7) Update your passwords and security settings regularly.
8) Avoid password reuse at all costs!
We’re happy to help! Your social media presence should be protected… take proper precaution before it’s too late!