Facebook is really trying to be user friendly. Sometimes they nail it. Sometimes…not so much. At the end of August 2015 they changed the way posts can be shared from your business Page to your personal profile. In theory this should be simple but people have found it confusing and difficult.
Because it’s confusing and difficult.
However, once you know the process, it’s really not so bad. We’re going to bullet point this for you to make it super easy.
- Login to the personal Facebook Profile where you want to share the post.
- Head up to the search box at the top of your page and type in the Page you’re looking for. Once you get there, you’ll be viewing the Page as your personal Facebook Profile. You should see your profile image in the top right and in the comments box.
- Find the post you want and click “Share”. You can also “Like” and comment as your personal profile this way.
- A box is going to pop up with the post you’ve selected and at the top of that box is a drop down that gives you options for WHERE you want to share that post. Make sure you’ve selected “On your own Timeline”.
- Click “Share Link”. It’s a button in the bottom right corner of the pop up box.
All done! Now you’re a professional.
Facebook is an ever evolving beast – but one that SocialVention rides like a Targaryen dragon. We will make sure you also know what’s changing and how to navigate it.
If you have any other questions about how to make Facebook work for you, please let us know in the comments. We’re happy to help and apologize for the Game of Thrones reference.